Welcome to Princess Durru Shehvar Children's and General Hospital's orthopedics division! Our team of experienced orthopedic surgeons and medical specialists is dedicated to offering patients with musculoskeletal issues comprehensive and caring care.
We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical services for all kinds of bone, joint, and muscle issues at our advanced facilities. From simple injuries like fractures and sprains to complicated disorders like joint replacement and spinal abnormalities, our team has vast experience treating a variety of orthopedic conditions.
At our orthopedics department, we provide the following services, among others:
🔸Sports injuries and sports medicine.
🔸Joint replacement surgery, including hip, knee, and shoulder replacements.
🔸Arthroscopic surgery for diseases of the joints and soft tissues.
🔸Management of musculoskeletal injuries such as sprains, fractures, and other types.
🔸Spinal surgery, such as disc replacement and spinal fusion.
🔸Problems related to pediatric orthopedics.
🔸Emergency treatment for orthopedic injuries
To guarantee that our patients receive thorough and well-coordinated care, our staff collaborates closely with various hospital departments, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and pain management. We also put a lot of focus on non-surgical treatments like physical therapy, medicines, and lifestyle changes as well as preventive care.
We are aware that musculoskeletal issues can be painful, uncomfortable, and immobilizing, making it challenging to carry out regular tasks. We work hard to establish a relaxing and friendly atmosphere where patients can feel at ease during their treatment course because of this. In order to assist you to return to your favorite activities, our team is here to address any issues you may have and to offer the best possible care.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us to make an appointment if you or a loved one needs orthopaedic services. So that you can resume living your life to the fullest, our team is here to assist you regain your strength and mobility.
Orthopedic medicine focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of Human Skeleton System. This branch of medicine employs a variety of techniques to treat diseases affecting bones, joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Following are some of the most popular techniques Princess Durru Shehvar Children's and General Hospital's ortho doctors apt for treating the patients:
1. Joint Replacement Surgery: It is a medical process in which a damaged joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint. The joints most frequently replaced are the hips, knees, and shoulders. Patients with severe arthritis or joint injuries that cannot be managed by other means are typically advised to undergo this treatment.
2. Arthroscopic Surgery: This minimally invasive surgery includes introducing a small camera into the joint to detect and treat issues such as torn cartilage, torn ligaments, and inflammation. This technique is frequently used to treat sports injuries and is less intrusive than conventional surgery.
3. Spinal Fusion: It is a surgical operation that stabilises the spine by fusing two or more vertebrae together. This technique is frequently used to treat herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and spinal fractures.
3. Fracture Repair: This entails the use of metal plates, screws, and rods to stabilise fractured bones and aid healing. Frequently, this treatment is performed to treat fractures that cannot be managed with a cast or splint.
4. Tendon Repair: It entails surgically mending a torn or ruptured tendon. This technique is frequently used to treat Achilles tendinitis and rotator cuff problems.
Orthopedic medicine is a field that demands specific knowledge and skill due to its complexity. If you or a loved one are experiencing musculoskeletal pain or discomfort, it is essential to seek the care of a knowledgeable orthopaedic specialist. Orthopedic doctors can aid patients in regaining mobility and enhancing their quality of life through the use of modern therapies and procedures.