The Princess Durre Shehvar Hospital Neurosurgery Department is devoted to the surgical treatment of disorders involving the brain, spine, and nervous system. Our team of highly experienced neurosurgeons use modern surgical procedures and cutting-edge technology to offer patients with the best standard of care.
Brain tumours, spinal cord injuries, cerebral aneurysms, hydrocephalus, and epilepsy, among others, may necessitate neurosurgical therapy. Our neurosurgeons collaborate with other experts, including neurologists, radiologists, and oncologists, to design unique treatment regimens for each patient.
Among the sophisticated neurosurgery operations available at Princess Durre Shehvar Hospital are the following:
- Brain tumor Removal: Our neurosurgeons use cutting-edge surgical procedures to remove brain tumours while maintaining brain function. Depending on the tumor's location and size, the surgical technique may be less invasive or more difficult.
- Spinal surgery: Neurosurgeons at our hospital have the training and experience to treat spinal injuries, spinal stenosis, and ruptured discs.
- Neurovascular surgery: Our hospital's neurosurgeons are adept in performing spinal procedures to cure diseases like herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and spinal cord injuries. Neurovascular surgery is used to treat disorders that impact the blood arteries in the brain and spine, including aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), and carotid artery stenosis.
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS): It is a surgical therapy for Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, and dystonia. During the surgery, electrodes are implanted in the brain to transmit electrical impulses that aid with movement control.
- Epilepsy surgery: Neurosurgery may be a possibility for people with uncontrollable epilepsy who are unable to be treated with medicines. Our neurosurgeons employ cutting-edge procedures to remove the epileptogenic region of the brain while minimising harm to healthy brain tissue.
- Gamma Knife radiosurgery: It is a non-invasive therapy that employs high-dose radiation to treat brain and spine cancers and other diseases. This process is very exact and requires neither incisions nor anaesthetic.
Our team of highly experienced neurosurgeons and support professionals is dedicated to providing our patients with the finest possible treatment. We work closely with our patients and their families to ensure that they are well-informed about their disease and treatment choices and are at ease throughout the duration of their care.