About Princess Durru Shehvar College of Nursing
Princess Durru Shehvar Nursing College Hyderabad (PDSCON Hyderabad) is one of the oldest and best Nursing colleges in Telangana. It was established in the year 2003. The Princess Durru Shehvar College of Nursing is affiliated with Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences & The Indian Nursing Council. PDSCON offers B.Sc (Nursing) 4YDC and M.Sc(Nursing)2YDC PG Courses. The college fraternity encourages students to meet complex challenges and build careers in the field of Health Sciences in the branch of nursing.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- Extracurricular Activities
- Student Nurse Association
- Class Rooms:
Classrooms are organized, stimulating, well ventilated with comfortable seating arrangements for the students to learn effectively.
PDSCON has well qualified and experienced Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors , Lecturers, Nursing Tutors and Clinical Instructors.
Princess Durru Shehvar College of Nursing has the following well-equipped labs:
- Nursing Foundation lab.
- Anatomy and Physiology lab.
- Medical and Surgical Nursing lab.
- Maternal and Child Health Nursing lab.
- Community Health Nursing lab.
- Computer lab.
NURSING FOUNDATION LAB:
The nursing foundation lab provides students with a comprehensive study of the anatomy and physiology of the human body. It encourages them to explore the intricate details of the human form and to gain a better understanding of how it works. Through this lab, students can gain an appreciation for the complexity of the body and its various components. The lab also allows them to develop an understanding of how different systems interact with one another, as well as how they are affected by external factors. By gaining this knowledge, students can become better equipped to provide quality care to their patients.
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY NURSING LAB:
The NURSING ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY LAB is a practical learning environment that aims to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the human body. Using advanced models and computer-based simulations, students will be able to explore and apply the concepts taught in the classroom, gaining practical experience in the study of anatomy and physiology. By using this hands-on approach, students will acquire a deeper understanding of the structure and function of the human body, improving their critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Overall, the NURSING ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY LAB is an essential component of any nursing program, providing students with the tools and knowledge necessary to excel in their future careers.
MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING:
The goal of the Medical Surgical Nursing Lab is to equip students with the necessary skills to become proficient in assessing and caring for adult patients with medical surgical disorders. Through practical training and hands-on experience, students will learn how to provide effective client care, utilizing their knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology. By mastering the fundamentals of medical surgical nursing, students will develop the expertise needed to excel in their field and deliver quality care to patients in a variety of healthcare settings. Overall, the Medical-Surgical Nursing Lab is an essential component of any nursing program, providing students with the tools and knowledge necessary to become successful healthcare professionals.
MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH NURSING LAB:
The Maternal and Child Health Nursing Lab is designed to provide nursing students with a simulated clinical environment where they can develop and showcase their skills in selected obstetric practices. Through practical training and hands-on experience, students will learn how to provide effective care for mothers and newborns, utilizing their knowledge of prenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum care. The lab provides a realistic simulation of the clinical setting, allowing students to practice their skills and build their confidence before entering real-world situations. Overall, the Maternal and Child Health Nursing Lab is an essential component of any nursing program, providing students with the tools and knowledge necessary to become skilled and compassionate healthcare professionals in the field of maternal and child health.
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING LAB:
Community health nursing serves to bring healthcare services to individuals’ doorsteps by conducting home visits. This approach facilitates the delivery of healthcare services to individuals and families in their own environments. Additionally, community health nursing aims to provide a meaningful clinical experience for students, one that is both educational and enlightening. By exposing students to the realities of community health nursing, they are better prepared to meet the needs of diverse populations and contribute to improving health outcomes.
- Computer Lab:
PESON has a spacious and well-ventilated computer lab. The students are trained to gain an understanding of the uses of computers and their application in the Nursing field. The students are specially trained in the Hospital Management system.
PDSCON has a very quiet, spacious, and well-ventilated library. It has more than 2500 books, periodicals, national and international journals.
- Medical Checkup: All the students of PDSCON will have annual checkups till the end of their course.
- Security: PDSCON has 24 hours security in the college premises, hostel and hospital for the safety and wellbeing of the inmates.
- Hostel :
- Princess Durru Shehvar College of Nursing has an attached hostel with spacious and well-ventilated dormitories.
- 24-hour water and electricity facilities.
- PDSCON has spacious dining rooms and provides tasty and nutritious food at reasonable rates.
- PDSCON is affiliated to Princess Durru Shehvar Children’s & General hospital and also collaborates with other specialty hospitals.
- All the students of PDSCON will undergo clinical experience from the parent and affiliated hospitals according to the prescribed curriculum.
- PDSCON organises workshops, seminars and conferences for providing intellectual development to the students and to keep abreast of the latest developments in the nursing field. Student counseling and Personality development programmes are held regularly to nurture a wholesome personality and to inculcate leadership qualities in the nurses.
- Social and cultural activities like Ladies Mela, Annual Day, Sports Day and Ethnic Day are also organized for recreation. Competitions in Sports and Extracurricular activities are a regular feature of the Student Nurses Association (SNA) activities.
STUDENT NURSE'S ASSOCIATION:
- PDSCON has registered with Trained Nurses Association of India and has an established student nurses association unit in the college.
- Every week PDSCON is organizes activities as part of SNA.
4 Years Graduate Degree.
2 years Post Graduate Degree.
Admission Process & Eligibility Criteria
Princess Durru Shehvar Nursing College Hyderabad (PDSCON Hyderabad) will accept self-attested xerox copies of document papers submitted by students. If the candidate is unable to submit the requisite documents by the required date, her admission will automatically stand cancelled.
B.Sc Nursing 4YDC:
- Educational Qualification: Intermediate pass with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects or Intermediate Vocational Nursing pass from the Board of Intermediate Education with Bridge Course in Biological and Physical Sciences.
- Intermediate Passed from Recognised Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE/NIOS/TOSS or other equivalent Board with Physics Chemistry, Biology.
- Minimum marks – 45% obtained in optional subjects in Intermediate or its equivalent examination. In case of SC/ST candidates, minimum marks should be not less than 40%.
- Minimum age: 17 years (completed) at the time of admission.
- Maximum age: Not more than 35 years (three years relaxation in case of widows, SC/ST candidates).
- Physical Fitness: The candidate must be medically fit.
- Age: Not more than 45 years as on 31st Dec. of the year of admission. (For candidates belonging to SC/ST, the maximum age limit shall be 48 years)
- Qualification: B. Sc. Nursing / Post B.Sc. Nursing with 1-year clinical experience after registration.
- Registration with Nursing Council: Candidate should be a registered nurse and registered midwives of Indian Nursing Council for service and non-service candidate.
- Physical Fitness: The candidate must be medically fit.
Princess Durru Shehvar College of Nursing (PDSCON, Hyderabad) has actively working placement cell for career guidance and recruitment of the students. It has always been a guiding force for the students and helped them to work on their skills, aptitudes, strengths and weaknesses. The vision of the placement cell has always been to guide the students for the enrichment of lives and the fulfilment of their dreams. A large number of students have been recruited by top reputed Hospitals and Healthcare chains in India like Apollo, Max, Birla Heart, Fortis etc.
Ranking and Reputation:
The Princess Durru Shehvar Nursing College Hyderabad has turned out to be one of the Best Nursing colleges in Telangana. The Infrastructure is excellent, the faculty is highly trained, and Corporate Training and Internships programs are very relevant and enriching to the students.