The goal of the nutrition department at Princes Durre Shehvar Hospital is to encourage good eating behaviours and to prevent and treat illnesses that are connected to nutrition. For the purpose of assisting our patients in achieving their health objectives and enhancing their well-being, our team of registered dietitians and nutritionists offers evidence-based nutrition advice and assistance.
We are aware that proper diet is essential for preserving health and avoiding chronic conditions including cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Because of this, our nutrition department provides a variety of services that are tailored to each patient's particular dietary requirements.
To analyse our patients' eating patterns, nutritional state, and any pre-existing medical issues, our nutrition department provides thorough nutrition exams. Our registered dietitians will work with patients to create individualised nutrition programmes that address their particular requirements and objectives based on the findings of these tests.
To assist patients in making knowledgeable dietary decisions and forming healthy eating habits, we provide nutrition counselling and instruction. Individual counselling sessions are offered by our licenced dietitians, who cover a variety of subjects such as heart health, diabetes management, gastrointestinal issues, and more.
For patients who have had surgery, are receiving cancer treatment, or have other medical issues that impair their ability to consume or absorb nutrients, we also provide nutrition assistance. Our licenced dietitians collaborate closely with the medical staff to provide specialised dietary assistance that may hasten healing and enhance results.
Our Nutrition Department also provides group nutrition seminars and workshops in addition to counselling and assistance. Healthy meal planning, label reading, culinary demonstrations, and other subjects are covered in these seminars. Patients may learn from one another and share their experiences in our helpful and engaging group workshops.
We are dedicated to giving our patients the best possible dietary assistance and care in our nutrition department. For preserving good health and avoiding chronic illnesses, we think that proper eating is crucial. Please get in touch with us right away if you have any questions regarding our nutrition services or if you'd like to set up a consultation with a qualified dietitian.
Our Princess Durre Shehvar Multispecialty Hospital's Nutrition Department provides a variety of treatment options aimed at assisting patients in achieving their health objectives and managing disorders connected to diet. Our licenced nutritionists and registered dietitians collaborate closely with patients to create individualised treatment regimens that take into account their particular requirements and objectives.
Our nutrition department provides a variety of treatment options, some of which are as follows:
1. Medical nutrition treatment (MNT): It is a specialised nutrition approach designed to address the particular dietary requirements of people with medical illnesses such diabetes, heart disease, renal disease, and gastrointestinal problems. Individual MNT programmes are created by our certified dietitians with an emphasis on maximising nutritional status, treating symptoms, and avoiding problems.
2. Weight control: To assist patients in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, our Nutrition Department provides a variety of weight management programmes. Individualized counselling from our certified dietitians focuses on establishing good eating practises, boosting physical activity, and treating any underlying medical issues that could be causing weight gain.
3. Nutritional help: Our Nutrition Department offers specialist nutritional support for patients who struggle to eat or absorb nutrients as a result of medical illnesses including cancer, gastrointestinal issues, or surgery. Enteral nutrition or parenteral nutrition, which includes supplying nutrients directly to the patient's bloodstream or digestive system, respectively, may be included in this.
4. Sports nutrition: To assist athletes in maximising their performance and recuperation, our Nutrition Department provides specialist sports nutrition services. Our trained dietitians provide one-on-one counselling with an emphasis on creating personalised nutrition regimens that take into account the particular requirements of each athlete.
5. Women's health: Our Nutrition Department provides specialist nutrition services for women, such as menopausal treatment, preconception and pregnancy nutrition, and breast cancer nutrition. The specialised dietary requirements of women at various life phases are addressed by our experienced dietitians via tailored counselling.
6. Food intolerances and allergies: Our nutrition department offers patients with these conditions specific nutrition guidance. In order to create individualised nutrition regimens that assist patients avoid trigger foods while ensuring they are receiving enough nutrients, our registered dietitians work closely with patients.
While providing care, the Nutrition Department adopts a tailored, evidence-based approach, working closely with patients to create individualised treatment programmes that match their particular requirements and objectives. Our mission is to provide knowledge, counselling, and support to our patients in order for them to attain optimum nutrition and general health.