The diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal conditions that affect the digestive system are the sole focus of the gastroenterology department at Princess Durre Shehvar Hospital. The most advanced tools and methods are used by our group of highly qualified gastroenterologists to give our patients the best possible care.
At our gastroenterology department, we often diagnose and treat the following conditions:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): It is also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, is a disorder where stomach acid leaks back into the oesophagus, resulting in symptoms including heartburn, chest discomfort, and swallowing difficulties.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): It is also known as inflammatory bowel disease, is a group of chronic conditions, such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, that cause inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): Abdominal discomfort, bloating, and changes in bowel habits are some of the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a disorder that often affects the large intestine.
- Celiac disease: Gluten sensitivity causes celiac disease, a digestive illness that can only be found in grains including rye, barley, and wheat. Many symptoms, including as diarrhoea, weight loss, and exhaustion, might be brought on by it.
- Peptic ulcers: Open sores that develop on the lining of the stomach or small intestine are known as peptic ulcers. These may be brought on by germs or chronic use of NSAIDs like aspirin and ibuprofen, which are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Pancreatitis: When the pancreas is inflamed, it may result in severe stomach discomfort, nauseousness, and vomiting.
- Hepatitis: A viral infection of the liver that may result in symptoms including exhaustion, jaundice, and stomach discomfort.
Our Gastroenterology Department offers a range of diagnostic and treatment procedures to help our patients manage their gastrointestinal conditions. Some of the procedures we offer include:
- Upper endoscopy: A procedure used to examine the upper digestive tract, including the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum.
- Colonoscopy: A procedure used to examine the colon for abnormalities, such as polyps or cancer.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): A procedure used to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bile ducts and pancreas.
- Capsule endoscopy: A procedure used to examine the small intestine for abnormalities using a small, pill-sized camera that is swallowed.
- Esophageal manometry: A test used to measure the function of the esophagus and lower esophageal sphincter.
- Breath tests: A test used to diagnose conditions such as lactose intolerance and bacterial overgrowth.
At Princess Durre Shehvar Hospital, our Gastroenterology Department is committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care for their gastrointestinal conditions. We work closely with each patient to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses their unique needs and goals. If you are experiencing symptoms of a gastrointestinal condition or would like to learn more about our Gastroenterology Department and the procedures we offer, please contact us today.
The Best Gastroenterologist in Hyderabad
|S.NO||CONSULTANT'S NAME||DEPERTMENT NAME||TIMINGS||DAYS||FFEES|
|1||Dr. MD SAADUDDIN AZMI||GASTROENTEROLOGY - MBBS, MD & DM||4:30pm to 6:00pm||MON, WED & FRIDAY||Rs. 500/-|